Though venues and organisers are yet to chalk out their calendar after live events were permitted to make a physical comeback from September 21, a consumer survey spanning 2,000 arts-goers from across the country suggests they’ll have little difficulty attracting attendees. Nearly 80% respondents have said they are willing to attend a live event within two months of this new phase of unlock. Under fresh guidelines for Unlock 4.0, the government has permitted social, cultural, religious and political congregations with a cap of 100 persons.
The research titled ‘Back To Out-of-Home Entertainment’ conducted mid-September surveyed respondents who are active transactors for live entertainment across 120 cities and towns in India. Those within the 25-34 age group made up the pulse of this wishlist.
While freshly prepared food and online ticketing were primary expectations, 77% opted for an open-air arena for a live entertainment experience. Other key findings, according to the survey conducted by entertainment ticketing platform BookMyShow, suggest events with seating, drive-in theatres and concerts with predefined markers for social distancing were the top three arrangements for people to feel comfortable enough to step out of the safety of their homes and venture out for an event. The survey found 53% of the respondents were willing to pay more for adequate safety and hygiene measures at live events.
Despite the events industry getting a green light from the Centre, the live sector in Maharashtra isn’t raring to go just yet. “We haven’t heard about this from the Maharashtra government so far. The NCPA has been closely observing the situation and working toward keeping its programming ready for a socially distanced audience at its venues,” said Khusroo Suntook, chairman, NCPA.
Roshan Abbas, president of the apex industry body of the Event & Entertainment Management Association that recently did a demonstration of a safe event in Gurgaon, Goa and Kochi, said they had approached over 15 different departments and ministers across the country with a set of ‘Covid-safe’ SOPs.“We’ve shared the same with home minister Anil Deshmukh and tourism minister Aaditya Thackeray and been assured the matter is being put forward in the cabinet,” said Abbas.



Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here