The CBI investigators handling the Sattankulam twin custodial deaths case on Wednesday evening brought the five prime accused to Sattankulam from Madurai as part of the investigation.

Though the investigators brought them to Sattankulam around 6 p.m., they were not allowed to get down from the vehicles.

Meanwhile, head-constable Revathi, who had deposed against her senior colleagues, appeared before the CBI team and recorded her statement. While she was allowed to go home around 9.30 p.m., the interrogation of constable Beulah continued even after 10 p.m.

The accused, meanwhile, were taken to Benicks’ mobile phone shop around 9 p.m. and then to the Judicial Magistrate Court premises.

Even in these places, the accused were not allowed to get down from the vehicles even as they were seen being interrogated.

Deputy Superintendent of Police, CB-CID, Anil Kumar, who was the investigating officer of this case earlier, met the CBI team at the police station around 9 p.m. and had a discussion with them for a while.

He, along with a few CBI officials, left for Tirunelveli around 9.45 p.m.

You have reached your limit for free articles this month.

To get full access, please subscribe.

Already have an account ? Sign in

Show Less Plan

Subscription Benefits Include

Today’s Paper

Find mobile-friendly version of articles from the day’s newspaper in one easy-to-read list.

Faster pages

Move smoothly between articles as our pages load instantly.

Unlimited Access

Enjoy reading as many articles as you wish without any limitations.


A one-stop-shop for seeing the latest updates, and managing your preferences.

Personalised recommendations

A select list of articles that match your interests and tastes.


We brief you on the latest and most important developments, three times a day.

*Our Digital Subscription plans do not currently include the e-paper ,crossword, iPhone, iPad mobile applications and print. Our plans enhance your reading experience.

Source link


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here