On day seven of the monsoon session of the Parliament, the Rajya Sabha is likely to take up the contentious agri Bills that were passed in the Lok Sabha amid widespread protest.
Also read: Why are the Agriculture Bills being opposed
The monsoon session of the Parliament, which was scheduled to end on October 1, is likely to be cut short owing to the rising number of COVID-19 cases. A final end date is yet to be fixed, though sources indicated that it could end on Wednesday.
(For a concise report on the daily going-ons in the Parliament, subscribe to our political newsletter. Subscribe here and get it in your inbox.)
Here are the latest updates:
9 am | Rajya Sabha
Rajya Sabha proceedings begin.
Former Prime Minister and newly-elected Rajya Sabha MP H.D. Deve Gowda takes the oath. Welcoming him, Chairman Venkaiah Naidu says that Mr. Deve Gowda is a good addition to the House. One of the senior most politicians in the country has come to our House, says the Chairman.
Papers being laid by MoS Parliamentary Affairs.
Bills for Consideration and Passing
- Farmers’ Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Bill, 2020
- Farmers (Empowerment and Protection) Agreement on Price Assurance and Farm Services Bill, 2020
- Essential Commodities (Amendment) Bil l, 2020
- Indian Institutes of Information Technology Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2020
- Banking Regulation (Amendment) Bill, 2020
Bill for Introduction
- Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Amendment Bill, 2020
Bills for consideration and passing
- National Forensic Sciences University Bill, 2020
- Rashtriya Raksha University Bill, 2020
- Bilateral Netting of Qualified Financial Contracts Bill, 2020
- Factoring Regulation (Amendment) Bill, 2020